Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's all about the wife

Every once in awhile, I run into someone who reminds of, well, me - in some previous time in my life, of course. Most of the time, I think, "Yeah. I used to value that stuff too", or, "Boy. I used to make stupid (perhaps "ill-conceived" is better) comments like that too. Then I feel sorry for the person and blessed for myself all at the same time.

In some ways, raising a family is like going back to college. The classes are hard. The parties are wild. The people in the dorm next door keep pounding on the wall (oh, wait - that's my teenagers in the room next door). The same drunk girl keeps showing up in your bed.

But one thing every father eventually learns is staying at home raising children is not the easiest job in the world. In fact, it is down right hard. And I don't mean watching the kids for a few hours while your wife ties one on with the neighborhood wives. I mean total responsibility for more than two kids with no relatives or babysitters of any kind for an a longer period of time then it takes for a football game to end or a six-pack to disappear.

I get it. The job sucks. And I have to hand it to my wife for agreeing to take the job. Here's to you, baby! You're the best VP of Ops I ever met.

3 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, I couldn't agree with you more! Whether this teacher is married or not, clearly he doesn't have children!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks Baby! I know you appreciate me! Would you stop at the liquor store for more vodka on your way home? I ran out at noon today!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Preston Porter said...

Ned

Thanks for posting on my blog

The reptarium is great.

The only real issue is keeping a high enough level of humidity to allow for ease of shedding.

Also my snake requires basically no lamplight what so ever.

Anyway if you have any more questions let me know.

Also where are you in metro ATL I could give ya a heads up on where to get some good stuff for good deals. I would also like to know so we never end up at the same restaurant as we are on our way to 5 too. Just kidding

Preston

 

Post a Comment

<< Home